2012-04-12

Billy Cox - The Power of having GOALS and DREAMS

Billy Cox is a Motivational speaker, an entrepreneur, an author, Success coach and direct sales expert who has dedicated his adult life to helping others achieve their Dreams and Goals. At the age of 17, he started his sales and marketing career. He worked his way to the very top of every sales and management level in his company over a 10 year period. Take a look at his speeches on Dreams and Goals below.



Billy Cox:
You got to know what you're doing. My sales manager came in and he pulled me aside one day and he said: 'Billy, quit joking yourself, quit kidding yourself, you don't have any Real Goals, you don't have any Real Dreams, those are wishes. You've got to set a dateline, you've got to know what you want, and you've got to have a target, you need to find what successes to you.' He said: 'I want you to write down your goals, I want you to put them on paper, and I want you to give me a copy of them.'

That took some thought, that took some decision, and also took a commitment. But I did my list and I gave him that list. He took the list and he put it in an envelope and he put it in his drawer, and we forgot about it.
The strange thing is around five years later he was moving offices, and he called me up, and he said: 'Billy you'll never guess this, I have a copy of your Goals and Dreams you wrote five years ago and I'm going to fax them to you. You're going to be very surprised.' He faxed me a copy of those Goals and Dreams and every single thing I had written down on that list, I have accomplished!

The strange thing about that is the time I wrote those dreams down I was broke, I lived in a small apartment. Five years later I had a new home, I had a new car and I was financially free. That's the power of having Goals and Dreams. Dreams and Goals help you know where you're going.

When you set Goals and Dreams you move in that direction. You'll move like a powerful, magnetic force but here's the thing about the power that we have as human beings. Not only will you move in the direction of your Goals and Dreams, but they will move in your direction, they'll be pulled towards you as you move towards them. And eventually, at a certain destination, you'll end up, you and your Goals and Dreams will cross paths.

When you have a Dream, when you have a Vision, when you decide to make changes in your life and take your business or your life to a different level, the first thing that happens is that an opponent shows up. That's why I tell everybody to fasten your seat belts! Get ready for the ride! Because there's going to be some bumps.

The 'G' on the letter is Goals because when you set your Goals and Dreams you can see farther. I can see everyone from here but I can't see part of everyone. When you have a Goal and a Dream and you start to take action on that Goal and Dream, you can see farther.

No comments:

Post a Comment