2012-04-17

Oprah Winfrey & Steve Jobs Speeches at Stanford




Oprah Winfrey:
Your calling isn't something that somebody can tell you about, it's what you feel, it is a part of your life force, it is the thing that gives you juice.

And always take a stand for yourself, your values, you're defined by what you stand for.

Honor your calling, don't worry about how Successful you will be. Don't worry about it, Focus on how significant you can be in service and the Success will take care of itself.

I think about one of the greatest compliments I've ever received: I interviewed with a reporter when I was first starting out in Chicago. And then many years later I saw the same reporter and she said to me, "You know what? You really haven't changed. You've just become more of yourself."
And that is really what we're all trying to do, become more of ourselves. And I believe that there's a lesson in almost everything that you do and every experience, and getting the lesson is how you move forward. It's how you enrich your spirit. And, trust me, I know that inner Wisdom is more precious than wealth. The more you spend it, the more you gain.

Forget about the fast lane. If you really want to fly, just harness your Power to your Passion. Honor your calling. Everybody has one. Trust your heart and Success will come to you.

You have to live for the present. You have to be in the moment. Whatever has happened to you in your past has no power over this present moment, because Life is now.

Steve Jobs:
Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose Faith. I'm convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did. You've got to find what you love.
Your work is going to fill a large part of your Life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you Believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle.


Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the Courage to follow your Heart and Intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment