2012-04-09

Nick Vujicic: Author of Life Without Limits

Nick Vujicic is an Australian preacher and motivational speaker. At aged seventeen, he started his own non-profit organization, Life Without Limbs. A longtime resident of Australia, he now lives in southern California. It was in recent years that Nick made the move from Australia to Southern California from where he now continues to passionately travel around the world, spreading a message of hope to all people.This is a short edited clip from one of Nick Vujicic's talks.




Nick Vujicic:
Thank you, thank you very much! Good Morning everybody. Morning. How you doing? All fine? All sweet? Nice to see you! My name is Nick Vujicic and it's a pleasure to be with you. I have no arms and no legs and I was actually born this way. I have no limbs but I have a chicken drumstick. We call this a little chicken drumstick because first of all it looks like one and second of all sometimes my dog thinks it's one. And I tell you, man, it's so funny, he comes up to start biting on it and I have to hit him in the head a couple of times.

So with my little foot I can also write. This is my pen here. I can actually write and type with my foot and I learned how to draw and all this sort of thing, so that's pretty cool.
I play drums. Do you believe me?
You like that? Wouldn't it be really cool if I could get this on my wheelchair and play it while I'm driving? And get some techno going like, here we go... one, two, three, four...

But honestly, along the way, you might fall down like this, alright? So what do you do when you fall down? Get back up! Everybody knows to get back up, because if I start walking, I'm not going to get anywhere. But I tell you there are some times where you fall down, you feel like you don't have the strength to get back up, so you sort of put a mask on your face and come to school and pretend that everything is okay when it's not and you go home, and lay in your bed when no one's looking at you, when you don't have to impress anybody and you're yourself.

And fear comes in. You know the fear that you have as soon as you walked into the doors of your house? Maybe it's a broken home. Maybe you have doubt in your life. Maybe you don't know for sure what's going to be happening in the future and it scares you.Maybe you're worried about what people think of you, what people say about you. Just that fear that paralyzes you and I just wan to ask you today, do you think you have hope?

Because I tell you I'm down here, face down, and I have no arms and no legs, it should be impossible for me to get up. I mean, you go home and tie up the legs and arms of your brothers and sisters and like push them down and see how long it's going to take them to get back up.You know what I mean? You know you can tell them that you'll see them tomorrow. You know what I mean? But this is the thing - it should be impossible for me to get back up. But it's not.You see, I'll try 100 times to get up and if I fail 100 times - if I fail and I give up, do you think that I'm ever going to get up? No. But if I fail and I try again? And again and again? For as long as I try there is always that chance of me getting up. Does that make sense? And it's not the end until you've given up. And just the fact that you're here, should persuade you that you have another chance to get back up.

There's still hope.I'm not here today to tell you that I understand your pain.I don't know how it feels to be abused.I don't know how it feels  to feel quote "fat" or you've got an eating disorder.I don't know how it feels to have a broken home. I don't know how it feels. But I know how it feels to have a broken heart. And I know how it feels to be alone. And I want you to know that I've found  my strength in Jesus Christ and you're going to find your strength in whatever you find in it. But I just want you to know that it's not the end. It matters how you are going finish. Are you going to finish strong?And you will find that strength to get back up, like this...

Don't give up. And you know that there is always someone out there who believes in you and who loves you just the way that you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment